- You always stay to the end of the credits, whether or not there are one of those after-credit surprises. (Called Monk’s Surprises, or stingers, or credit cookies.) If you knew that already …
- You’re probably a movie buff.
- Watch movies in all genres, liking Pulp Fiction as much as Moonstruck, District 9 as much as Up in the Air.
- Fullscreen movies, cut to fit a TV screen (AKA pan-and-scan) make you stabby.
- Never been to film school but can throw around the word mise-en-scene in casual conversation.
- Have strong opinions about the Academy voting rules.
- Root for cinematographers, art directors, and sound editors along with actors and directors at the Oscars. (RIP, Conrad L. Hall.)
- Can recognize movie studios from the music and icons that appear at the beginning of a film.
- Make random movie lists. Loudest movies ever. Movies I didn’t like as much as I felt I should. Favorite sci-fi films. Best screenplays. Etc.
How’d you do? If you found yourself seated at a table with Martin Scorsese and Quentin Tarantino, could you keep up?